Saturday, July 6, 2013

Orange Hat Publishing


 
This book, "Little Mouse Finds a New Home" by Liz Siivola is coming soon.  It will be published through Orange Hat Publishing, a small self-publishing business, family-owned, based in Wisconsin. If you're interested in self-publishing, I highly recommend checking out Orange Hat. They are personable, affordable, and fun, especially the owner. Here is the website: www.orangehatpublishing.com
 
I would say this opportunity came to me by chance, but we all know God has his hand on every detail of our lives.  Certainly, I did nothing to seek out illustrating.  I have been a stay-at-home-mom for six years now, taking care of two little boys, now ages 3 & 6. Before that, I was an art teacher. My degree is in art education, with a minor in English.  While staying home, I have volunteered at the youth center in town, where I led an after-school art program for 5 years. The plan was to go back to teaching in a couple years when both my kids are in school.
 
Who knew that this year I would be making art for children's books? Who knew a friend would introduce me to a friend who would introduce me to illustrating? And now, this is my 4th book! I owe so much to Orange Hat, who opened my eyes to a world of possibilities!
 
I often wonder if I will return to art education, or if God will lead me somewhere new with illustrating?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment