Sunday, March 24, 2013

Land Ahoy!

 
I might have gotten a little carried away with this character sample. The client only asked for a boy with red hair, wearing a towel like a cape. It sounded like a specific boy, and I couldn't decide on the hair. Or the nose. Or the shape of the face. I took it as a chance to experiment with drawing different faces. It was fun!
 
 
 
As I drew, I was inspired by my son's imagination. I drew other sketches. A boy on a tire swing. A boy pretending to fly "up, up, and away." And a boy looking through a telescope. I loved the latter, and decided to take it all the way with a watercolor. 
 
 
Drawing little boys is definately my #1 interest. Even before I had sons, Peter Pan was my favorite character. Since then, I fell in love with "The Little White Bird" by J.M. Barrie. I love the magic of childhood and imagination, and the adventures of boyhood are the most exciting! I plan to read that book again sometime. Just think of the inspiration!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment