Friday, January 25, 2013

IF: Myth

Illustration Friday Word of the Week: Myth


Unfortunately, I didn’t get this one posted to Illustration Friday on time.  I didn’t intend to participate this week, being preoccupied with my son’s birthday, and a commissioned piece due at the same time. But the idea of a dragon popping popcorn stayed in my head until I just had to get it on paper at the end of the week. I’m glad I did!  If I’m going to do a myth, it’s got to be dragons. I know it’s typical, but I’ve got boys at home. They don’t care about mythology! But they can sing every word of “Puff the Magic Dragon” from string and sealing wax to giant’s rings and painted wings.  Plus, home-popped popcorn is a favorite of my family. The boys watch it popping over the stove, giggling with excitement at every pop.

Hey.. Painted wings! “Wings” is the word for this week.  Hmmm….  Ideas are brewing…

No comments:

Post a Comment