Sunday, December 2, 2012

Stretch

This week's Illustration Friday topic was "Stretch."

Previously, I had a sketch of a curious child, stretching to reach a candy cane at the top of the Christmas tree. The point of view was looking straight down at the child, from the candy cane, with exaggerated foreshortening.  It was cute, but after some thought, I decided it better illustrated the word "reach" than "stretch."

Instead, I chose the illustration you see above. A teenage boy snapping the poor teenage girl's bra strap.  The poor girl! It could be interpreted in many ways. At first, you might think those awkward years are funny. Then you might decide it's bullying. Then, you might decide it's something in between - the growing, changing, stretching years of teens.  However you interpret it, there is topic is certainly "stretch."

2 comments:

  1. Great interpretation! Ahhh...the teenage years! Also, love the boy's Adam's Apple...it's a great detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! I am new to this blog, and certainly new to IF, so your comment made my day! BTW, I love your blog! Your profile sounds like we have a lot in common. I was a teacher in another life, too, before kids made everything more meaningful. :)

      Delete